Travel & Adventures
We know how important vacations are…Everyone needs to re-charge and create vacation memories. Our experienced vacation travel specialists offer extensive travel knowledge and complete vacation planning for individuals and groups. Whatever your vacation needs may be – weekend getaways, escorted tours, family reunions, adventure travel, cruises, all-inclusive resorts, wedding & honeymoon travel planning, spa or golf retreats – you can rely on our travel professionals to make the necessary arrangements.
- Riding A local boat for fishing. You can take one of or organized tours and be taken to incomparable destinations.
- Shouab beach: a half day tour to discover the beauty of Shouab beach. With the clear water and white sands you can snorkel and relax. Whilst driving the boat, dolphins groups can be witness and lopping right next to the boat. Whale and Dolphins spotting safaris:
- Because of its unique location in the Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea, the Island of Socotra is blessed with a very special event: the presence of visiting whales and Dolphins, which has only recently been recognized as another asset to this beautiful holiday destination.
- The year 2005 was an extraordinary year with regard to the number of whales and Dolphins spotted in the waters surrounding the island. But after the Tsunami a number not a little of whales and dolphins drifted up and seen dead in the western coastal line where some species took up residence there before.
- Just about five kilometers off the shore of Qalansiya, taking an excursion to the marvelous of Shouab beach, Hundreds of dolphins bevies with the crystal water of Shouab beach and on most of the days these ocean going creatures are swimming by- right on your boat. And if luck stand by you... you will be rewarded by swimming with the very rare ocean dolphins which is common to see in the water of Socotra.
- Fishing activity is recently introduced tours on the Island. Due to its eco-system and marine reserves, and being deficient in facilities and conveniences, there are some necessary restriction to be taken in the consideration. However, Socotra known as the ideal place for fishing due to its location in the Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea. Socotra fishes exports to world market these days. The majority of the locals on the island are fishermen. If you are looking for a truly fishing experience, then you should plan your holiday to Socotra Island. Trips can be prearranged to join the local fishing men and go out to the sea and get familiarized with their traditions, means and equipments. With this prime location is known for an excellent climate on the months of February up to April, with breathtaking sceneries and big sized game fishes of Tuna fish, King fish, Barracuda, Sail fish, etc, you will feel the beauty of nature and mixed with the real adventure. As the waters surrounding the island of Socotra rapidly drop to depths beyond 1,000 m, excellent fishing grounds can be found already within 30 minutes after leaving the harbor. Newcomers to this activity will reactive the necessary information as how and when they will get with the fishermen.
Attraction spots & Itinerary
New Horizons Socotra Eco-Tourism provides you access to your itinerary, weather, maps, and other travel information . At CheckMyTrip.com, you simply need to enter your Amadeus Reservation Code and Passenger Last Name to view an easy-to-read graphical itinerary of your travel plans. Hadiboh is the capital city of the island and it is the largest town on Socotra with about 30,000 residents and most of them are involving in fishing. Hadibo offers accommodation, restaurants and shops. There are currently five basic hotels available for accommodation. Adeeb’s eco-lodge is situated 12 minutes’ drive outside Hadibo.
Actually there is not that much to see in Hadibo, but you should not miss the local fish market located on the beach as well as the old market which is located on the center of Hadibo, where you can buy some locals products and souvenirs. Internet cafés can be found in Hadibo for those who like to check emails and surf the internet. The airport is about 30 minutes’ drive from Hadibo to the Socotra airport.